Leading the way in medical education
Things to do near Suwanee, Georgia
• Explore more than 40 county-owned parks and recreational facilities
• Enjoy a show at the Aurora Theatre, an award-winning professional arts organization that produces more than 600 events annually
• Catch a baseball game with the Gwinnett Stripers, the Triple-A affiliate of the Atlanta Braves
• Just a 30-minute drive from the city of Atlanta, offering world-class entertainment, sports, and cultural opportunities
GA-PCOM hosts more than 40 chapter and national organizations, academic-interest groups, and clubs offering social activities and leadership opportunities.
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM) has a storied history as a premier osteopathic medical school spanning more than a century. At the core of the student experience is accomplished, expert faculty members who provide the foundation for rigorous instruction. Established in 1899, PCOM takes a multidisciplinary approach rich in the osteopathic tradition—seeing the whole person within the patient. This methodology challenges students to rise to the occasion in providing the best and most comprehensive care.
We began a long-term commitment to the state of Georgia in 2005 by establishing the new state-of-the-art campus in Suwanee, Georgia. Just 30 miles from Atlanta, Georgia Campus - Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (GA-PCOM) offers a variety of programs designed to educate the next generation of health care practitioners. With the aim of serving their community and region, GA-PCOM students are well prepared to diagnose, treat, and provide quality care for their patients or clients. PCOM South Georgia will open its doors in August 2019 to a new class of eager osteopathic medicine students.
See How We Examine the Body and the Mind
As you enter the medical field, you’ll see there are many questions waiting to be answered. At PCOM, we explore beyond the obvious solution to find the best one. We train caring medical professionals to open their eyes to different possibilities and connections that others might not see. We use osteopathic medicine’s appoach of looking at the whole person to elevate medical science and research, resulting in healthier communities. Together, we’re a force for better health, and we’d like you to join us.
• Study the role of the mind: how people feel and what they do as a result.
• Investigate the co-occurence of disorders and addiction.
• Research how brain malfunctions occur and how to treat and prevent them.
• Examine treatment of back pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, and knee problems through osteopathic manipulation medicine.
• Research neurological surgery and treatment for patients with disorders of the nervous system.
• Learn the science of the cause and effect of diseases.
Are you interested?Yes, connect me!
Register now for our scholarship giveaway
*may vary by program