Pacific Lutheran University Graduate Programs
Inquiry. Service. Leadership. Care.
Pacific Lutheran University offers top-ranked graduate programs that prepare students for lives of service and innovation through classroom learning and applied settings such as supervised internships and mentored research projects. Students develop skills and knowledge they can use to provide solutions to a diverse range of social, educational, health, and business problems.
School of Business
The School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International), the benchmark of quality for business education across the globe. We offer graduate programs in Business Administration, Finance, and Marketing Analytics, which can be completed in nine or 10 months.
• The Master of Business Administration prepares graduates to be organized, innovative leaders. The late afternoon and evening class schedule makes it easier for working professionals. The program includes a 10-day international experience, during which students explore the culture and commerce of other countries.
• The Master of Science in Finance is an online, cross-disciplinary program that prepares students to work toward the CFA credential. PLU is a CFA Institute University Affiliation Program partner.
• The Master of Science in Marketing Analytics (MSMA) is an online program that prepares marketing analysts to leverage data-driven models to achieve deeper understanding of consumer behavior, solve marketing decision challenges, and ultimately drive growth for both profit and nonprofit organizations.
School of Nursing
Ranked as one of the top 100 graduate Nursing programs in the US by U.S. News & World Report, the School of Nursing equips nurses with the knowledge and skills to lead change, promote health, and elevate care in various roles and settings. We offer a Master of Science in Nursing and a Doctor of Nursing Practice.
• At the MSN level, we offer two pathways for registered nurses with a BSN degree and those with non-nursing bachelor’s degrees. We are the only school in Washington State that offers an entry-level MSN program which can be completed in 27 months, and students are eligible for RN licensure in 15 months.
• The DNP programs are designed to prepare nurse practitioners to lead change in a complex health care environment.
School of Education & Kinesiology
The School of Education & Kinesiology offers two graduate programs: a Master of Arts in Education and a Master of Science in Kinesiology.
• The Master of Arts in Education is a one-year certification program. It's a cohort model that begins each summer and includes a year-long internship in public schools. All full-time faculty have K–12 experience. We also offer an alternative program to teaching certification for anyone with previous K–12 education experience, such as paraeducators or career changers.
• The Master of Science in Kinesiology is designed to train effective evidence-based practitioners through coursework, mentoring support, and an applied project. The Kinesiology department is ranked by Niche as the top college for Kinesiology in Washington State and the Pacific Northwest.
Marriage & Family Therapy
Our Master’s in Marriage and Family Therapy is a two-year program that prepares therapists to provide individual, couples, and family therapy for mental health and relationship challenges. The program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education and offers small, individualized class sizes, plus clinical training in the on-campus therapy center and off-site internship sites.
The Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing (MFA) is a three-year, four-residency program in poetry, fiction, and creative nonfiction. Students participate in 10-day summer residencies on campus and work one-on-one remotely with a faculty member during the year. Faculty are nationally known writers and outstanding teachers.
Are you interested?Yes, connect me!
|BSN to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN-DNP)|
|BSN to MSN Programs|
|Clinical Care Nursing|
|MBA - Project Management|
|Supply Chain Management|
|Teaching Foreign Language|
|Teaching Other Subjects|
Ranked among the top 50 "Best Master’s University in America" | Washington Monthly
Ranked #11 among the "Best Regional Universities" in the West | U.S. News & World Report
School of Nursing ranked among the top 175 in the United States | U.S. News & World Report
Kinesiology department ranked among the best in Washington State and the Pacific Northwest | Niche
School of Business named one of the nation’s most outstanding business schools | The Princeton Review
PLU graduate programs prepare students for leadership roles in fulfilling and high-demand careers. Open to students with any undergraduate degrees, we offer small classes for high-quality and personal learning experiences. Our curriculums are developed and informed by real-world practice and industry trends, and weoProvide practicum placements that meet local and national certification requirements.
• Master of Arts in Education (for Teacher Certification)
• Master of Arts in Marriage & Family Therapy
• Master of Business Administration
• Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing
• Master of Science in Finance
• Master of Science in Kinesiology
• Master of Science in Marketing Analytics
• Master of Science in Nursing (include a track for non-nurses)
• Doctor on Nursing Practice
• Post Graduate Nurse Practitioner Certificate
*may vary by program
"PLU's Nursing program has a very positive reputation in the community. PLU graduates are 'system thinkers.' Health care systems are seeking to recruit them, as they bring exceptional professional energy to the workplace!”
“My teachers at PLU were more than subject matter experts. They had a moral compass, and they cared about us. I didn’t realize it at the time, but those relationships helped shape my values and guide my career.”
“What I enjoy most about the MSMA program is it gives students invaluable experience working with a variety of companies as well as making sure that students form connections with professionals in the industry.”
“Being a part of a diverse cohort, where open and honest dialogue is encouraged, has really helped me expand my cultural lens and recognize the uniqueness of the human experience. The MFT program provides a safe place to deeply explore our similarities and differences.”
Log in to be directly connected to
Provide your information below to connect with