Western Connecticut State University in Danbury, Connecticut, is an academically rigorous and affordably priced public university located at the crossroads of beautiful New England and sophisticated New York City.
• Doctor of Education in Instructional Leadership
• Doctor of Education in Nursing Education (online)
• Master of Arts in History
• Master of Arts in Mathematics
• Master of Business Administration
• Master of Fine Arts in Creative and Professional Writing (low residency)
• Master of Fine Arts in Visual Arts; options in Painting, Illustration, or Interdisciplinary
• Master of Health Administration
• Master of Science in Applied Behavior Analysis (online)
• Master of Science in Counselor Education; options in Clinical Mental Health Counseling or School Counseling
• Master of Science in Education; options in Curriculum Leadership or Instructional Technology
• Master of Science in Integrative Biological Diversity
• Master of Science in Literacy and Language Arts (Remedial Reading Certification)
• Master of Science in Music Education
• Master of Science in Nursing; options in Adult-Gerontology Clinical Specialist or Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner
• Master of Science in Special Education K-12 (a new program with certification)
We comprise four schools and a graduate studies division and have an enrollment of approximately 5,500 students. From our beginnings as a small teacher-training school in 1903, WCSU has progressed through more than a century of program development and multimillion-dollar infrastructure expansion to become the respected university we are today.
A regional leader in providing graduate education in professional studies, business, and the arts and sciences, WCSU’s Division of Graduate Studies offers an outstanding faculty and career-enhancing, challenging curricula. At WCSU, you’ll find high-quality programs featuring state-of-the-art technology, convenient and flexible course scheduling, and a supportive learning environment. Graduate students benefit from faculty whose commitment to teaching, research, and other professional activities have resulted in national recognition in widely varying fields.
Responsive new programs are added frequently, while existing programs are continually updated to reflect changing societal needs.
WCSU earned recognition in two recent surveys for offering one of the nation’s best master’s programs in Applied Behavior Analysis. A 2017 survey conducted by the Applied Behavior Analysis Programs Guide ranked WCSU #5 among all higher education institutions nationwide offering an online master’s degree in the field. A separate national survey published in 2017 by Universities.com placed WCSU among the 15 “best colleges” offering Applied Behavior Analysis degrees in the United States. In addition to the MS program, the WCSU Education and Educational Psychology Department offers an online Applied Behavior Analysis Certificate option, qualifying candidates who have completed an accredited bachelor’s degree to take the Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst (BCaBA) certification exam.
Many of WCSU’s graduate programs provide professional in-service and pre-service programs through cooperative efforts with regional businesses, industry, government, social service, and educational agencies. Our faculty and programs arededicated to forging and maintaining such connections through the ongoing assessment of regional needs and continual interaction with community, business, professional, and academic organizations.
We welcome veterans
Please visit wcsu.edu/veterans to learn more.
WCSU is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc.; the Board of Governors of Higher Education, State of Connecticut; the Connecticut State Department of Education; the American Chemical Society; the Collegiate Commission on Nursing Education; the Council on Social Work Education (baccalaureate level); the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs; the National Association of Schools of Music; and the National Association of Schools of Theatre.
Check out WCSU
WCSU is an affordable public university with the qualities of New England’sbest small private colleges.
Are you interested?Yes, connect me!
|Applied Behavior Analysis|
|Art and Fine Arts|
|Curriculum & Instruction|
|Reading & Literacy|
Register now for our scholarship giveaway
*may vary by program