School’s out for summer! But it won’t be out forever—which is why you should be making the most of this valuable but fleeting break. Summer vacation is the perfect opportunity to earn some money, gain some experience for your résumé, learn something new, get a head start on your college applications, or prepare for your big move to campus. And don’t forget to enjoy yourself and relax for a minute too! Here’s our best advice on how to have the best summer ever, no matter what the next school year holds.
Jobs and internships
- The Best Summertime Opportunities: Jobs, Internships, and Volunteering: From summer jobs and internships to volunteering, you can do more with your summer than just hang out. It might be the key to getting into your dream college.
- Top 4 Tips for Summer Job Shadowing: Job shadowing can be a great addition to anyone's résumé. Here's some advice on how to find job shadowing opportunities and excel at them.
- 8 Important Tips to Excel at a Remote Summer Internship: Though COVID-19 started a new trend of remote work, online internships can be just as valuable as in-person roles. Here are eight tips to excel as an intern.
- 6 Part-Time Jobs Good for Your Résumé and Your Major: Part-time jobs are a great way to add experience to your résumé and make extra money. Here are some major-relevant jobs to consider!
- Video: Summer Jobs for Students: Sure, summer should be fun, but how are you going to pay for fun without money? Here are some ideas for summer jobs for students around home and your community.
- 7 Ways to Have a Productive Summer: While lounging around recovering from the stress of school is great, there are many easy things you can do to have a productive summer.
- 4 Summer Activities That Will Impress Colleges: Summer is a great time to get ready for college. Find out what you can do in between your fun summer plans that will look great to admission committees in the future.
- 4 Ways to Use Your Time Wisely During Summer: Summertime is exciting, but it shouldn't be just about fun! Here's how students can be productive this summer and get ready for a big year ahead.
- 3 Easy Summer Scholarship Strategies for Any Education Level: You shouldn't stop applying for scholarships just because it's summer! Win more money for college by employing these simple search strategies during your break.
- 5 Good Reasons You Should Take a Summer Class: While you may be tempted to take a full break from school, here are five good reasons why you should consider taking at least one class during the summer.
- 5 Tips for Summer Courses to Avoid Ruining Your Break: Summer courses may not sound like the most enticing idea, but with these tips, you can get ahead of your education while still having a fantastic summer break.
- Spend Your Summer Learning With MOOCs: Looking for a way to impress your prospective colleges and learn something new this summer? Consider a massive open online course (MOOC) to boost your intellect and your résumé.
- All About Pre-College Summer Programs: Summer programs are a great opportunity to boost your skills and stay sharp over the summer. Here's what you need to know and why you should consider one.
- 3 Great Reasons to Attend a Summer Program in High School: Summer programs can do a lot for high school students. From making friends to finding inspiration, they offer more benefits than you might think!
- 8 Books to Add to Your Reading List This Summer: Reading over the summer shouldn't feel like a chore! Stay sharp and get sucked into these eight books that are perfect picks to read during vacation.
Admission and application prep
- 5 Things High School Students Need to Do This Summer: Want to stand out in the college admission process? It's not too late! Take matters into your own hands by doing these five important things over the summer.
- Smart Summer College Planning Steps for All High School Grades: Summer is the perfect time to work on your college search and applications. Here's what you can do to prep whether you're a freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior!
- Top College Planning Tips for the Summer Before Senior Year: While you may just want to relax this summer, there are productive and easy things you can fill your time with to plan for college. Here are some ideas!
- How to Prepare for College Over the Summer: What should you be doing over the summer after senior year (besides having fun) to prepare for college this fall? We have the answers.
- A Smart Checklist to Prep for Your First Year of College: Preparing for college now will save you both time and stress in the long run. Here's everything you should do this summer to get ready for freshman year!
- The Summertime 7: Super Strategies for Seniors: Going off to college this fall? Congratulations! You deserve some R&R this summer, but you should also use the next few months to get ready for your first semester.
- 4 Smart Things to Do on Your Summer Break From College: Summer means relaxing after a busy year at college, but it's also a good time to learn new skills, get things done, and have fun. See what else you can do here!
Travel and study abroad
- Amazing Travel Scholarships and Programs for Students: Want to travel or study abroad before college? These merit and need-based scholarships can help high school students fulfill their desire to explore the world.
- 10 Exciting Travel Destinations for Any School Break: Spring break isn’t the only time you can travel to exciting places! Check out these 10 pandemic-conscious locations to plan a trip to any time of year.
- 3 College Visit Locations That Can Be Turned Into Vacations: Too busy to take a vacation and visit colleges? You can do both at once with this list of travel ideas for areas around the country with major colleges.
- 6 Great Summer Jobs for Students Who Want to Travel: For students looking to work and travel this summer, consider these six job opportunities! Plus, read on for tips on managing your finances while traveling.