Choose your program, change the world.
What else is there to do?
Outside the classroom, there are hundreds of ways to take a study break. You can get involved with a student organization; play varsity, club, or intramural sports; or attend a campus event.
Carnegie Mellon students are involved in many sports, clubs, and organizations as well as in the Pittsburgh community. Students embody the motto “My heart is in the work,” whether that work is painting the Fence, splitting the atom, or winning the game.
• 300+ campus organizations
• 19 NCAA Division III varsity sports (the Tartans) competing in the
University Athletic Association
• 45+ club teams and intramural sports
• Four years of guaranteed campus housing (if you stay within the
campus housing system)
• 65% of students living on campus, with 25 residential halls and apartments to choose from
• Flexible meal plans with options at various on- and off-campus locations
• An Interfaith Council providing educational programs, worship services, and social events for many religions and denominations
Pittsburgh fast facts
• 446 bridges in Pittsburgh
• Pittsburgh metro area population of 2.3 million
• One of the safest cities in America
• World-class medical centers for health care and research
• Home to seven Fortune 500
• Pittsburgh named one of the world’s coolest destinations by National Geographic
• Pittsburgh Pirates’ PNC Park rated best baseball park in the country by ESPN
• Home to 1,600+ technology firms