Stress comes for us all one way or another—but the important thing is to not let it overcome and overwhelm us. Some stress is healthy and can be motivating, but too much can be detrimental to your academic life and mental health. To help you manage feelings of stress and anxiety as a student, we’ve compiled our best advice on everything from college and application stress to dealing with grad school pressure to managing your mental health in general and everything in between. Get started de-stressing and refocusing your mind now!
College search and application stress
- 3 Ways to Manage Stress During Your College Search: Are your college plans looming over your head and making you anxious? Here are some ways to manage your stress during this important time.
- 5 Ways to Manage College Application Stress Effectively: The college search and application process is overwhelming. Here are five ways to get through college applications stress-free.
- Top Tips to Help You Manage Your Stress During College Application Season: Senior year is stressful, with standardized tests, college apps, extracurriculars, and schoolwork. Here are some ways to keep you calm through all of it.
- Top Tips for Dealing With College Search Stress: Here are some tips from a real student who learned how to make their admission journey a little easier.
- How to Avoid Burnout During College Application Season: The last thing you want to do during college application season is burn out. Here are a few ways to get ahead of things so you don't feel overwhelmed.
High school stress
- 12 Quick Ways to Reduce Junior and Senior Year Stress: Junior and senior year of high school are when things start getting serious. College is coming! Here are 12 ways to reduce stress during this important time.
- How to Beat Winter Stress Senior Year of High School: The stretch between January and February can be one of the most stressful parts of the high school academic year. These tips can help you stay sane this winter.
- The 5 Best Ways to Handle AP Exam Stress: AP exams will be here before you know it. And that means stress! Here are some ways to maintain your sanity while preparing for and taking your AP exams.
Undergraduate college stress
- 12 Great Ways to Have a Stress-Free College Life: Transitioning from high school to college can be a scary, overwhelming thing to do. Here are 12 ways to make this big life change a bit easier.
- How to Manage Your Stress for Better Health as a Student: College is stressful; that's no secret. But learning stress management strategies can greatly benefit your mental and physical health.
- 5 Things to Do When You're Feeling Overwhelmed by College: College is like riding a bike: Every time you fall down, you have to get back up. With these tips, you'll stay on track with your academics and social life.
Graduate school stress
- 6 Effective Ways to Deal With Grad School Stress: Any graduate course of study is bound to cause some stress in the life of a student. If you find yourself stressed out, try these techniques to find relief!
- How to Deal With Law School Stress in Healthy Ways: Learning how to manage your stress in healthy ways now will give you an insurmountable benefit when you begin to practice law. Law school students, read on!
- The Importance of Finding Balance as a Graduate Student: Grad school is no walk in the park. Here's some sage advice on finding a good work-life balance as a busy graduate student from someone who's been there.
- Top 10 Tips for Juggling Family, Work, and Grad School: Balancing a graduate program with a full professional and personal life takes grit and careful planning. Here are 10 tips to get you juggling like a pro.
Academic and test anxiety
- College Stress Solutions for Academic Anxiety: Are you feeling overwhelmed about adjusting to campus, classes, homework, or just college life in general? Well, take a deep breath. Here’s some advice for you.
- 5 Ways to Manage Your Stress During Finals: During finals season, everyone is stressed. Check out these five tips to maintain your sanity and keep up your grades at the end of the semester.
- The 3 R's of Overcoming Test Anxiety: Preparing for high-stakes exams such as the SAT or ACT can be stressful, but with a few simple steps, you can transform your stress into a useful motivator. This advice can be used for any test you find yourself facing, not just standardized!
- Top 3 Smart Tips for Stress-Free Test Prep: Stressed about your tests? That's normal for everyone. Here are three key tips you should be following while preparing for your upcoming exam.
- COVID-19: How to Cope With Anxiety: The coronavirus has a lot of us feeling anxious and worried: for our health, for our education, for our family and friends. So how do we deal with it? We've got some advice.
- The Importance of Mental Health in a COVID-19 World: We’ve been living with the global pandemic for a while now, so prioritizing your mental health is a must to continue on with our lives. Here's how you can do so.
- Students: Seek Out Mental Health Help During COVID-19: In honor of Mental Health Awareness Month, we encourage you to seek help if you need it. Let’s take a look at mental health during the pandemic and how you can find resources you need.
General mental health and wellness
- 8 Healthy Stress Management Tips for Students: Don’t let your stress and anxiety hit an all-time high. Combat these overwhelming feelings with eight tips to help you manage your stress in a healthy way.
- 7 Ways to Protect Your Mental Health by Managing Stress: High school can be stressful! Here are seven things you can do to keep your mental health in check senior year or anytime during your college search.
- Great Mental Health Habits for Students to Establish: Students should always continue to find and employ long-lasting positive mental health habits. Here are some ideas for you!
- 10 Easy Ways Students Can De-Stress From School: As you're well aware, the life of a student can be intensely stressful. Take a deep breath and check out these easy ways to de-stress from school.
- Alleviating Stress and Anxiety: The Best Advice From Real Students: Reducing stress and anxiety is possible with some lifestyle changes and adjustments to your daily routine. Check out this real-world advice from our student writers!
We've compiled our top content for all kinds of topics related to the college search and higher education, like the best advice for transferring or finding and applying for scholarships. Check it out using the tag "our best advice"!